WHAT THIS POLICY IS FOR?
This Policy explains how we protect and handle any information you provide to us, including via our websites, mobile apps, communications by email and through social media, by telephone and in person. It also covers any information we receive from third \parties. It also provides you with an overview of the rights you can exercise regarding what we do with your information.
By using our products and services, including browsing our websites, registering or logging in, we may use your information as outlined in this Policy.
WHO WE ARE
Haymarket is Britain’s largest privately-owned and one of the world’s largest media companies. With offices in 14 countries, Haymarket publishes magazines and websites in nearly 50 countries and 31 languages. Haymarket is force behind 142 different magazines and websites that cover a vast array of subjects, from music, to sport, to cars, and even medical dictionaries!
What Hi-Fi?, founded in 1976, is the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Our comprehensive tests help you buy the very best for your money, with our advice sections giving you step-by-step information on how to get even more from your music and movies. Everything is tested by our dedicated team of in-house reviewers in our custom-built test rooms.
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your Personal Information. We maintain consistently high levels of best practice in our processing of your Information and comply with all applicable laws.
Personal Information means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. This means that Personal Information can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT?
- Other Information – We may also collect certain other information, such as device ID, device make/model, IP address, geographical location (when enabled), browser type, operating system, page views, website navigation, timing and frequency of use of the Website, marketing preferences, name of your wireless carrier, other data relating to malfunctions when you use the Website. We use this information purely for analytics and research purposes and to ensure the security of our website.
- Information received from third parties - We may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties (including other members of our group of companies) with your Personal Information. Such Personal Information received from third parties is used for a variety of purposes including to verify other Personal Information about you (e.g., verify your mailing address to send you requested products or services) and to enhance the content and relevance of the advertising we provide to you.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS
- We may send you marketing and promotional materials and information about our other products or services offered by Haymarket SAC Publishing (India) Private Limited and our group companies, where you have provided us with the appropriate consents.
Children under 16 – The Website is not designed for children; and we do not knowingly market to children. Parents and guardians are advised to supervise children while they are online. A parent or guardian may submit a request to email@example.com to stop any further use of the Personal Information received from a child or to request that we suppress such Personal Information, to the best of our ability. Before disclosing Personal Information about a child, we may request that the parent or guardian provide reasonable Information for identification purposes.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Your personal information shall not be retained for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect them, unless otherwise required for the purposes of fulfilling any legal obligation. During this period, as a user, you may also request us to delete this personal information. If you do not wish to share you personal information, please do not access or view our Website, as some of the personal information is collected automatically upon your visit to the Website.
- You may instruct us not to process your Personal Information for marketing or other purposes and delete your information, if required. You may do so by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have right to request us to update, amend, correct, complete or delete your Personal Information retained by us through email.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- We take the safety of your Personal Information and its confidentiality very seriously and we provide reasonable security safeguards commensurate to the sensitivity of the personal information being handled and have implemented security practices including but not limited to physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
- The Website is scanned on a regular basis for any known vulnerabilities in order to make your use as safe as possible.
- Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for your Personal Information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- We endeavor to ensure to the best of our ability that all third party service providers whose services which we may use, maintain security standards that are equivalent to our security standards and commensurate with market practices, in the context of the sensitivity of your sensitive personal data or information being stored or handled.
DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
- We do not sell, trade, publish or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to outside parties, unless we provide you with advance notice and obtain your prior consent to do so.
- This does not include our trusted service providers or group companies, including without limitation, our hosting partners, third party vendors (payment wallets, web designers etc.) and other parties who assist us in operating the Website, conducting our business, or serving our users so long as they agree to keep this information confidential, do not have any independent use of the information we disclose to them, and remain responsible for the protection of your Personal Information. You hereby give us your consent to transfer your Personal Information to such third parties as listed here.
- In addition, where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, we may also disclose your Personal Information for marketing purposes or host messages on behalf of one or more of our group companies or other selected trusted third parties in the following sectors where the Personal Information they provide will be relevant or of interest to you: Professional Associations, Automotive, Charity, Education and Training, Recruitment, Business and Leisure Travel, Events, Conferences and Exhibitions, Financial Services, Surveys and Research, Media, Broadcast and Marketing, Publishing and Subscriptions, Business and Information Services, Electronics, computers, Software and AV, Sports and Sportswear, Gaming, Betting, Telecoms and Retail and Partners and Sponsors of Promotions, Events and Competitions.
- We may also release certain limited information when its release is required to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- We may, however, disclose aggregated user statistics or other information that is incapable of identifying any individual subscriber in order to describe, market or advertise our Website and Content to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit your personal information to any of those sites, your information will be governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you visit as we do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
WHO IS THE GRIEVANCE OFFICER?
Name: Hital Vyas E-mail: email@example.com Address: Unit No. 401, 502 & 503, 4th/5th Floor, Raheja Xion, Opp. Nirmal Park, Dr. B. Ambedkar Marg, Byculla (E), Mumbai - 400027. Telephone: 022-23787511
Haymarket is committed to the privacy, safety and security of our customers. If you discover a potential security vulnerability, we would appreciate it if you could report it to us in a responsible manner. We will respond to you as soon as possible. Publicly disclosing a potential vulnerability could put the wider community at risk, and therefore we encourage you to come to us first. We'll keep you informed as we move forward with our investigations.
LIST OF HAYMARKET GROUP OF COMPANIES - REGISTERED IN ENGLAND & WALES
Haymarket Media Group Ltd – company number 00267189 Haymarket Exhibitions Ltd – company number 2457048 Haymarket Group Ltd – company number 2809261 Haymarket Publishing Services – company number 0813651 Haymarket Network Ltd – company number 0834207 Haymarket Connect Ltd – company number 08359216